You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How is my card being charged for items in other members of my family sharing account? I don’t give permission for this!

How is my card being charged for items in other members of my family sharing account? I don’t give permission for this!

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 6:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 6:40 AM

Which payment method is charged for purchases that family members make?

When Purchase Sharing is turned on, everyone's purchases bill to the family organizer's payment method.* If there's an issue with the payment method, the family organizer can update their payment method or add a new one.

If you're the family organizer and you don't want to share a payment method with your family, turn off purchase sharing. When purchase sharing is turned off, you can continue to share subscriptions like Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade. When Purchase Sharing is turned off, everyone must use their own payment method.

Learn how purchases are billed if a family member has Apple ID balance.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2022 6:40 AM in response to MeaganBuddenhagen

Which payment method is charged for purchases that family members make?

When Purchase Sharing is turned on, everyone's purchases bill to the family organizer's payment method.* If there's an issue with the payment method, the family organizer can update their payment method or add a new one.

If you're the family organizer and you don't want to share a payment method with your family, turn off purchase sharing. When purchase sharing is turned off, you can continue to share subscriptions like Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade. When Purchase Sharing is turned off, everyone must use their own payment method.

Learn how purchases are billed if a family member has Apple ID balance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.