You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPhone and iPad messages when I have different apple ids.

I have different Apple IDs for iPhone and iPad. I know they have to be the same to sync messages. I want to edit the Apple ID on my iPhone to match the Apple ID used on my iPad. When I attempt to edit this on my iPhone, I receive a message stating I cannot edit this because the Apple ID is already being used….. which I already know since it is used on my iPad! How can I edit my iPhone Apple ID so it matches my current iPad Apple ID ?

Ty!

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 6:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 6:13 AM

Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store. 

• If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
    • If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.

Then sign in with the correct Apple ID.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2022 6:13 AM in response to Bethg0516

Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store. 

• If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
    • If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.

Then sign in with the correct Apple ID.

Sync iPhone and iPad messages when I have different apple ids.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.