You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone step count sync with fitness on Apple Watch

I am trying to find a way to sync the steps my iPhone has accumulated whilst I have not been wearing my Apple Watch (for example whilst it’s charging and I am walking around), and which are reflected in the Apple Health App; and get them to reflect on the Apple Fitness App/Apple Watch Activity.

I am a recent transfer from Fitbit to Apple Watch, and it was a feature that Fitbit would combine this data to reflect all my steps on my Fitbit & App; however, it appears to be something I am unable to do whilst using my Apple Watch.

I have attached photos to attempt to show what I mean. The Apple Health app is showing I have done 25,131:

whilst Apple fitness is only showing 24,801:

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 2:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 5:39 AM

Yes, that appears to be the case.

Which is a poor design feature in my opinion; as the steps I take whilst my watch is charging do not count towards activity goals on the Apple Watch or Apple Fitness. It is a feature other devices can do, ie Fitbit, so why can’t Apple?

6 replies

Mar 28, 2022 5:31 AM in response to csobis

It doesn't work that way,the data recorded goes from the watch to the phone not the other way around.

Anything recorded on the phone goes straight to the health app.

iPhone step count sync with fitness on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.