You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync or transfer pictures form older iPad to new iPad 5?

How do I sync or transfer pictures form older iPad to new iPad. I’ve looked in settings under Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Photos app, and tunes app. I have the iPad Air 5 th generation.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 2:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 2:53 PM

Assuming you are using the same Apple ID on both devices and assuming you sync photos with iCloud, go to Settings > Your Name, Apple ID, iCloud, etc. > Tap iCloud and make sure Photos is turned on there on both devices.

5 replies

Mar 30, 2022 11:02 AM in response to Lucy64

It really depends on where the photos were stored and synced to begin with. If they were originally synced with iCloud, turning iCloud sync for photos as I suggested above would move them to your iPad.

Did you follow the path I posted in my first response to you?

If this is too difficult for you, I'd recommend you call Apple at 800-MY-APPLE for direct technical support.

Mar 30, 2022 11:09 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Yes . and on the ipad in settings =ipad storage= iCloud pictures it saus its uploading and it may take overnight to finish. I left this on all last night but nothing happened. in the bar above it that shows what ismstored it does not show photos. But if I go to iCloud it shows photos in that bar. Yes I'm lost but I'll wait for a few hours to see if this changes. Thank you again

How do I sync or transfer pictures form older iPad to new iPad 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.