You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone will not charge. Any advice? tried another charger cord, cleaning the charging port and nothing.

Having trouble charging my iphone. I have changed charger cords, and cleaned the charging ports. It is still showing that it is not charging.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 11:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 2:41 AM

Check -> iPhone type & iOS version -> Go to Settings -> General -> About.

If it is an iPhone 6 Plus is an outdated iPhone (9 september 2014), > 7 years old, which also affects the battery life. That may be the cause of the problem. It is no longer possible to have the battery replaced at Apple.

If it is an iPhone 6S Plus see here: iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

Having the battery replaced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Providers may resolve the issue.

If the problem persists, you can visit an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Reseller in your region for assistance to diagnose the problem. And they could offer a possible solution.

You will first have to make an appointment due to the pandemic.

See: Contact Apple for support and service

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2022 2:41 AM in response to lostinparadise808

Check -> iPhone type & iOS version -> Go to Settings -> General -> About.

If it is an iPhone 6 Plus is an outdated iPhone (9 september 2014), > 7 years old, which also affects the battery life. That may be the cause of the problem. It is no longer possible to have the battery replaced at Apple.

If it is an iPhone 6S Plus see here: iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

Having the battery replaced by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Providers may resolve the issue.

If the problem persists, you can visit an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Reseller in your region for assistance to diagnose the problem. And they could offer a possible solution.

You will first have to make an appointment due to the pandemic.

See: Contact Apple for support and service

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

my iphone will not charge. Any advice? tried another charger cord, cleaning the charging port and nothing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.