You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iphone

Hey, my iphone was stolen a month ago (i did not used to lock it by the passcode), i enabled the lost mode then and just saw that its activated. But what i do not understand is, after the lost mode is activated for a while, i get the pop up window that the location is turned off so iphone cannot be located but it can be put into lost mode. when i turn on lost mode again and the iphone comes online, i recieve the mail that lost mode is enabled, but after a while the same thing repeats. Is the activation being cancelled for some reason? What should i do next?

Also if i erase my iphone will it lose the lost mode/lock, and will they be able to recover the device with some other id?

Thanks a lot.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 5:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 8:51 PM

Hi, and welcome to the Apple Community.

Sorry I don't have all the answers.

However, Apple support have an article online that may be helpful.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support (AU)

All the best :-)

1 reply

Lost iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.