You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing music on iPhone to cloud to no Apple laptop

Bought new Lenovo laptop.

iTunes music songs/ playlists viewed on iPhone is current.

Opening iTunes on laptop shows incomplete inventory of songs and no playlists. When iPhone is attached, the full inventory on the phone is viewable.

syncing doesn’t update the inventory when phone is ejected.

If iPhone iTunes inventory syncs with iCloud, why is the inventory incomplete when viewed on laptop??

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 2:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 8:17 AM

iTunesicloudplaylistsync wrote:

If my iPhone music inventory is correct, shouldn’t the iCloud inventory be the same automatically ?
can I force the backup of the iPhone music to the cloud to get them to match?
I didn’t have this problem with earlier iPhone software updates.

Only thing stored on the cloud is purchased music. Is that what you have?

You went from talking about syncing to a computer to icloud do you have this Use iCloud Music Library on PC - Apple

Support

IF your answer if no for both, then suggest you look at the 2 links I provided, as stated it is a one way sync iTunes to Apple devices.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2022 8:17 AM in response to iTunesicloudplaylistsync

If my iPhone music inventory is correct, shouldn’t the iCloud inventory be the same automatically ?
can I force the backup of the iPhone music to the cloud to get them to match?
I didn’t have this problem with earlier iPhone software updates.

Only thing stored on the cloud is purchased music. Is that what you have?

You went from talking about syncing to a computer to icloud do you have this Use iCloud Music Library on PC - Apple

Support

IF your answer if no for both, then suggest you look at the 2 links I provided, as stated it is a one way sync iTunes to Apple devices.

Mar 31, 2022 2:53 PM in response to iTunesicloudplaylistsync

Do not subscribe to Apple Music.
when I plug iPhone to sync, it doesn’t sync the incomplete inventory that is on my phone.
I don’t understand why iCloud inventory isn’t same as on phone , which should update what I see when opening iTunes on laptop

It is a one way sync itunes to Apple device.

read here Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing … - Apple Community

Back up and restore your iTunes library on your PC - Apple Support

Syncing music on iPhone to cloud to no Apple laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.