You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my find my iphone sharing my location with a random phone number? No one that I know has the number saved but its someone in the region I live in. I also have had a lot of spam recently and I feel like these two problems are connected.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 4:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 4:40 PM

jsince2 Said:

"location: Why is my find my iphone sharing my location with a random phone number? No one that I know has the number saved but its someone in the region I live in. I also have had a lot of spam recently and I feel like these two problems are connected."

-------

A Glitch in Apple's Device Database?

I would contact Apple Support, asking them if there is a glitch in their user database. While on the phone, perform a screensharing session with the Apple Rep, so they can see this firsthand, from your perspective.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)
3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2022 4:40 PM in response to jsince2

jsince2 Said:

"location: Why is my find my iphone sharing my location with a random phone number? No one that I know has the number saved but its someone in the region I live in. I also have had a lot of spam recently and I feel like these two problems are connected."

-------

A Glitch in Apple's Device Database?

I would contact Apple Support, asking them if there is a glitch in their user database. While on the phone, perform a screensharing session with the Apple Rep, so they can see this firsthand, from your perspective.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Apr 1, 2022 6:10 PM in response to jsince2

jsince2 Said:

"location: I did this and they said that my account was compromised and I need to create a new apple ID account. Thanks!"

-------

Thanks for the followup!

Secure your Account:

Having Been Compromised, Do Two Things:

A. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

Having been compromised, someone likey has your credentials. So, by all means, consider modifying them, starting with a new password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.