You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share music between iTunes and Apple TV without subscribing to Apple Music or iTunes Match?

I just want to be able to listen to my iTunes (12.8) library from my Apple TV (OS 15.4) without having to pay for any subscriptions (Apple Music or iTunes Match). I can connect to my iTunes library on my other Mac with home sharing, why can't I do this with the Apple TV, they're all on the same network, even using the same Apple ID.

I feel like things like this used to be so much easier, now everything requires a subscription and/or uploading everything to the cloud. I've paid enough for the music itself, why do I need to pay to share it with myself! Ugh. Sorry this is frustrating!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 7:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 3:23 AM

See Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support. Once Home Sharing is enabled you should be able to access the library on your computer via the Computers app on the Apple TV. Alternatively AirPlay to Apple TV from your computer.

tt2

1 reply

Share music between iTunes and Apple TV without subscribing to Apple Music or iTunes Match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.