You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12.3.1 update – no native resolutions on my display

after the 12.3.1 update my EIZO monitor will not display it's native resolution of 2560 x 1440.

Instead, the display is maxed out at 1920x1080 even if I click "show all resolutions".

I'm on a Mac Studio connected through a DisplayPort cable.

12.3 was working perfectly with the native resolution.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Any fix even if temporary?

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 7:06 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 3, 2022 11:39 PM in response to Jeff_W.

thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately clicking Option does nothing on that menu.

The only workaround for now is that if I unplug the DisplayPort cable, and reconnect it again – then the native resolution of 2560 x 1440 is applied perfectly.

But again, this was NOT the case on Monterey 12.3, only the 12.3.1 update screwed this.

I hope this will get fixed!

Apr 7, 2022 11:30 PM in response to Raffaele Mariotti

after more testing, it seems the problem is due to the HDMI port.

I have a dual display setup, the main EIZO monitor is going through an OWC hub and a DisplayPort cable.

the secondary monitor however, is connected to the native HDMI port of the Mac Studio.

As soon as I login, the main monitor will show a reduced (non native) resolution.

But if I unplug the second monitor temporarily, the resolution on the main one is instantly changed to the native one.

I reconnect again the 2nd monitor, and boom, low resolution in the main one kicks in.

After I login, everything is fine, except if the monitors go in energy saving mode.

At that point, when I move the mouse again to wake them up, the resolution on the main monitor is messed up again.

And I have to manually disconnect the HDMI again, with the following mess of windows moving around, screwed layouts, and so on.

I also spoke with a Genius in an Apple Store and he had no clue except "try to post on discussions".

My suspect is that the latest 12.3.1 update changed something related to HDMI and displays in general (as it solved some previous display problems, it created new ones).

This is very frustrating because there is nothing I can do except manually unplugging the cables each time.

I'm reading on the web similar problems, I really hope there's something that we can do in the meantime.

12.3.1 update – no native resolutions on my display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.