You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

I have about 16000 photos on my iMac all on the cloud.In Sept I had a USA holiday for 20 plus days took about 200 photos each day I made a folder( album) called USA Sept 2019 with a number of albums hanging off the main folder(album).Whilst all my photos are still on the computer in the library all the folders(albums) are not visible.Do I need to find the photos in the library, save them into various folders(albums) or is there a better way.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 11:09 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 6, 2022 12:41 AM in response to Ronsey

OK

The only thing I can think of is that something has triggered a new sync of your library with iCloud. Sometimes this can cause albums to disappear while the sync takes place.

I would first suggest having a look at your library in iCloud at www.icloud.com and going to the photo section. See if the missing albums are listed there in the left hand side bar.

Then have a look at the bottom of the all photos view and see what the sync status is saying. It looks like this (Mine is "updated just now")

Apr 3, 2022 11:54 PM in response to Ronsey

How are you syncing your mac with your phone/iCloud? If you are using iCloud sync on the mac, then all the photos should transfer, together with any albums created on the phone.

Or did you create the albums on your mac while you were away. Was this in the photos app? Or in finder?

Perhaps you should describe your complete workflow. An iPhone or other camera? How did you get the pictures in to your mac? How (and on what device) did you create the folders/albums. (Folders and albums ard different things by the way. How are you syncing with iCloud? Or is "the cloud" a different cloud service?

Apr 5, 2022 4:12 AM in response to TonyCollinet

I went to the USA on a holiday in Sept/Oct 2019 and while away the photos synced to my ipad each night. When I returned all the pics on my iphone automatically transferred to my mac. I think keeping each day's photos in daily sets. I may have tidied things a little later. Everything remained like this until about a month ago. Then the main folder/album and the sub albums went missing. You can tell I am not sure about folders and albums but my excuse is age 81. All my pictures are still in the photo library.

I think the syncing is done by the cloud.I think I pay Apple $4.99 per month. Thank you for your help.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.