You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to 2021 iMac 24", having issues with quick Zoom screen sharing via airplay

I recently upgraded from a late 2015 27" iMac to a new 2021 24" iMac with 16GB ram. I frequently share my iPad Pro (1 yr old) screen on Zoom via Airplay but after getting the new machine, it takes around 20 seconds for the screen to finish sharing, which is a very long time when I'm with a client. I have updated to the most recent version of Zoom. I'm on Monterery 12.3.1. This was never an issue on the old computer, but I also didn't have Sidecar on the older machine. I get the spinning gray circle for around 20 seconds while it is connecting. Any thoughts about what this issue could be?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 5:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 10:09 PM

IF the issue is only with Zoom, I'd recommend reaching out to their developers.

Similar questions

1 reply

After upgrading to 2021 iMac 24", having issues with quick Zoom screen sharing via airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.