You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how much does iMovie drop box hold

I am having trouble downloading a video that is 33.3 MB to the iMovie Drop Box. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this done without buying a 50 dollar compressor?

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 6:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2022 8:18 PM

The iMovie Drop Box is a folder in the Events folder of iMovie 9. I'm not aware of an iMovie Drop Box folder in the iMovie 10 library. It doesn't appear in the iMovie 10 library Show Package Contents folder, nor in the iMovie 10 Show package Contents folder.

The iMovie 9 Drop Box is a finder folder and therefore would hold as many GB as one has room on the drive where the folder is located. Perhaps you are running out of disk space and so the video won't download.

I'd skip the Drop Box folder and download your movie to a regular finder folder.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2022 8:18 PM in response to BeanMcGrath

The iMovie Drop Box is a folder in the Events folder of iMovie 9. I'm not aware of an iMovie Drop Box folder in the iMovie 10 library. It doesn't appear in the iMovie 10 library Show Package Contents folder, nor in the iMovie 10 Show package Contents folder.

The iMovie 9 Drop Box is a finder folder and therefore would hold as many GB as one has room on the drive where the folder is located. Perhaps you are running out of disk space and so the video won't download.

I'd skip the Drop Box folder and download your movie to a regular finder folder.

-- Rich

how much does iMovie drop box hold

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.