You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will not charge and boot

My Ipad Air 2 is not charging enough to boot up. See red/black battery. amp meter show it is changing a .5amps. I tried the physical two button reboot. It only gets to apple white screen, then dies...back to battery symbol/charging, or occasionally gets to login screen and dies back to battery, sometimes I can get a few code numbers in before it dies

I have followed all the suggestions in apple support.

Any more ideas?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 11:40 AM

It sounds like your battery is exhausted but we, just users like you cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly (they have tools to run remote diagnostics), using this link:--> Get Support, or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2022 11:40 AM in response to LloydAAiney

It sounds like your battery is exhausted but we, just users like you cannot diagnose that kind of issue remotely, sorry.

I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly (they have tools to run remote diagnostics), using this link:--> Get Support, or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Will not charge and boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.