You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Mini- Unable to Stereo Pair and/or Error -6753 After iOS 15.4.1 Update

I have a couple of HomePod Minis (HPM) that were very easy to setup when new and have functioned flawlessly for over a month. Unfortunately, one of those units is showing persistent issues after the update to iOS 15.4.1 today.

In my troubleshooting, I have reset/reconfigured both HPMs a handful of times and alternated which one goes first within inches of one another (within a strong wifi signal). One of the units always resets normally, while the other has failed a few times with error -6753. If I can indeed get both independently setup, then trying to pair them into a stereo configuration continually fails even though the problem HPM shows that is grouped. In fact, trying to test a song at this last step consistently has the problem HPM not responding or playing music I never asked for directly from the Internet. HA, and I though I was the only one who had a multiple personality disorder...

Is there another type of factory reset procedure besides the "unplug 10 seconds, wait 10 seconds, touch, wait for reset notification"? Is there a way to force an update again? Any other suggestions here?

Peace,

Dr. Z.

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 12:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 10:14 AM

Tim_4_All, thanks for the tips! I was able to get both HPM's reset and stereo paired with your suggestions. I don't know if its was choosing a different room initially in setup or the wifi network reboot, but Siri (via HPM) is now the only female in the house that listens to me or I want to listen to.

BTW, I also took the extra measure to unplug both HPM's for a full five minutes and start the reset process in another portion of the house just in case there was some odd interference where they were before. I then returned both units to the previous location once they were working well. All is back to normal.

Peace,

Dr. Z.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2022 10:14 AM in response to Tim_4_All

Tim_4_All, thanks for the tips! I was able to get both HPM's reset and stereo paired with your suggestions. I don't know if its was choosing a different room initially in setup or the wifi network reboot, but Siri (via HPM) is now the only female in the house that listens to me or I want to listen to.

BTW, I also took the extra measure to unplug both HPM's for a full five minutes and start the reset process in another portion of the house just in case there was some odd interference where they were before. I then returned both units to the previous location once they were working well. All is back to normal.

Peace,

Dr. Z.

Apr 6, 2022 12:02 AM in response to Michael Paine

Michael Paine wrote:

I am assuming that you have the HPMs set up as default output for an Apple TV since, I understand, that is the only way to have them operate as a stereo pair.

Hey Michael, you’re mistaken about any Apple TV requirement for combining two HomePod minis into a stereo pair. The default audio output to HomePods feature was released with tvOS 15 in September of last year. HomePod mini stereo pairs began selling in December 2020.

@Zeigh, I wish I had a spiffy hidden reset option to get that hpm working again - I can only suggest you open a chat/call back session with Apple Support.

HomePod Mini- Unable to Stereo Pair and/or Error -6753 After iOS 15.4.1 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.