You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memo quality is muffled with Airpods Pro

Hey there :)

So I have tried resetting my AirPods Pro, regularly clean them and also the quality is good over calls etc HOWEVER, when I’m recording a voice memo and listen back to it, the audio is super muffled. I also tried making only one of the AirPods as the microphone and tried to record but it’s the same. Please help! Do I have to go in a store and get it checked or?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 5:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2022 6:41 PM

Kushkushykush Said:

"Voice Memo quality is muffled with Airpods Pro"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Microphone:

A. Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

B. If Used in a Closed Space:

Does it sound muffled? If you are using these in a closed room, then echos can come about.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2022 6:41 PM in response to Kushkushykush

Kushkushykush Said:

"Voice Memo quality is muffled with Airpods Pro"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Microphone:

A. Interference:

This is likely an error with interference. So, start here: If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds - Apple Support

B. If Used in a Closed Space:

Does it sound muffled? If you are using these in a closed room, then echos can come about.

Voice Memo quality is muffled with Airpods Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.