You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to pay for apple TV if you study in a different country?

I'm so annoyed right now, living for 6 years here and never had that issue. It wont accept my credit card for Apple TV because the bank is from country X and I live, because of my studies in country Y. Who came up with this stupid decision? I'm not going to change my bank because apple apparently doesn't know how humans live. I'm glad I don't own any apple products, not even real ones...

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 6:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 11:29 PM

Apple services require that the payment method is for the same country as the billing address for the account. Then it will work (if that country is supported for said services). If you change your account country (billing address) to the same country as your card, then I expect it to work.

As you haven’t specified the countries, we can’t comment on relevant experiences or exceptions.

Availability of Apple Media Services by country - Apple Support

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID by country - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID payment method if you don't have an Apple device - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2022 11:29 PM in response to AnnoyedTwig

Apple services require that the payment method is for the same country as the billing address for the account. Then it will work (if that country is supported for said services). If you change your account country (billing address) to the same country as your card, then I expect it to work.

As you haven’t specified the countries, we can’t comment on relevant experiences or exceptions.

Availability of Apple Media Services by country - Apple Support

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID by country - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID payment method if you don't have an Apple device - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID - Apple

Apr 7, 2022 5:14 AM in response to AnnoyedTwig

First change the country, then set the new zip code, which will then allow the correct field length.

You may set a billing address (to match your card) and shipping address separately. Those don’t have to be identical.

The EU may have some legal equivalence across member states. You may want to contact the support staff for details.

Apr 7, 2022 3:30 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Which is a really stupid business model. I live in Germany and my card is from Luxembourg. Every other company manages to get this done without any issues and I'm not cancel my studies, move back to Luxembourg to watch apple TV. Changing the billing address does not work either. I tried to use the address of my parents and my brother. Error: ZIP code needs to have 5 numbers (Luxembourg ZIP codes have 4 numbers)

How to pay for apple TV if you study in a different country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.