You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning off iCloud

if I turn off my iCloud photos will they still be in my camera roll or do I need to download all my photos before disabling iCloud photos?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 9:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 3:37 PM

Hey there, Hero2205! 

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

That’s a great question. If you delete the photos in iCloud, that action will be reflected across all devices that share that Apple ID. If you simply turn it off, you will lose access to any photos that originated on other devices sharing your Apple ID. 

To learn more, check out the information found here: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Kindest regards. 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2022 3:37 PM in response to Hero2205

Hey there, Hero2205! 

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

That’s a great question. If you delete the photos in iCloud, that action will be reflected across all devices that share that Apple ID. If you simply turn it off, you will lose access to any photos that originated on other devices sharing your Apple ID. 

To learn more, check out the information found here: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Kindest regards. 

Turning off iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.