You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I separate merged desktops between family members?

Hello,

A MacBook Pro that I used to use is now being used by a family member; I now use a MacMini - we have a family sharing arrangement.

Two questions:

• I do I entirely separate our desktops? Currently, if I add something to the Desktop it appears on her computer and vice versa.
  • How do I remove iCloud sign in data from the MacBook, so that I am the only one who can have access to the Family Sharing settings?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 7:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 8:11 AM

When family sharing Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support is set up only services that can be altered are explained in the article Change the services family members use in Family Sharing on Mac - Apple Support

The family organiser has no control of stopping desktops and document even you turn off desktops and documents box in Mac system preference , However when non family sharing account is created in that desktops and documents box can be unchecked Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

You have to disband the family sharing account Change Family Sharing settings - Apple Support

See the section - Stop Family Sharing

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2022 8:11 AM in response to Spencejam1

When family sharing Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support is set up only services that can be altered are explained in the article Change the services family members use in Family Sharing on Mac - Apple Support

The family organiser has no control of stopping desktops and document even you turn off desktops and documents box in Mac system preference , However when non family sharing account is created in that desktops and documents box can be unchecked Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

You have to disband the family sharing account Change Family Sharing settings - Apple Support

See the section - Stop Family Sharing

How do I separate merged desktops between family members?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.