You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the iOS 13.6.1 be updated on my ipad

I can’t download the 15.4.1 update on my IPAD, presently using 13.6.1

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 10:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2022 11:07 AM

Go to settings— General— Software upate. If it says that 13.6.1 and IOS is upto date means its the latest version for you ipad and it cant be updated past 13.6.1. You need to get a new ipad to get the latest IOS.

3 replies

Apr 8, 2022 11:26 AM in response to gowrishsellappan

No. Any device which is running on iOS 13.6.1 can run iPadOS 15.4.1.

To the OP. You have simply skipped a lot of updates at this point. Use your home computer to update iPadOS to the current version.

See this link for help --> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Contained in the link is the following:

If you can't see the update on your device, use your computer to update your device manually. Learn how to update your device manually if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, or if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

Click the blue words and follow the directions to use your computer to update.

Can the iOS 13.6.1 be updated on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.