You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone with new apple ID

I have a work phone with an existing Apple ID and just got a new personal phone with a different Apple ID. I am trying to log into apps like Facebook and it asks for my Apple password and appears to work and the. I receive an iTunes error. It asks for login and password but only lets me add password and then just kicks me back out. Do I need to remove all

of the apps from my other phone first. Please help!

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 5:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 6:01 PM

Unless you migrated the contents from one to the other, the two iPhones are completely separate.

If you did migrate, then you have a pile of apps associated with the other Apple ID, and the easiest way to deal with that is to either reset and start over as a new device, or delete all of the add on apps associated with the other Apple ID and re-download them.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2022 6:01 PM in response to RRR68

Unless you migrated the contents from one to the other, the two iPhones are completely separate.

If you did migrate, then you have a pile of apps associated with the other Apple ID, and the easiest way to deal with that is to either reset and start over as a new device, or delete all of the add on apps associated with the other Apple ID and re-download them.

New phone with new apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.