You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I gave my old iphone away and bought a new one and am using it ok . She recently reset my old one and started using it. Now Iclud sign in request and she get the code .What do I do next

I gave my old Iphone away and bought a new one and am using it ok . She recently reset my old one and started using it. Now I get , every time , an iCloud sign in request and she gets the code .What do I do next to avoid a problem

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 10:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 11:12 AM

See the information in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for all of the steps that should be done before giving away an iPhone.

Step 8 of the "Remove your personal information from your old device" section is

Remove your old device from your list of trusted devices.

Removing it as a trusted device will stop the code from going to the old phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 9, 2022 11:12 AM in response to PictureWindow

See the information in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for all of the steps that should be done before giving away an iPhone.

Step 8 of the "Remove your personal information from your old device" section is

Remove your old device from your list of trusted devices.

Removing it as a trusted device will stop the code from going to the old phone.

I gave my old iphone away and bought a new one and am using it ok . She recently reset my old one and started using it. Now Iclud sign in request and she get the code .What do I do next

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.