You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad says "no internet connection while connected to WiFi

I have a 9th generation new iPad which is Wifi only and I use the Wifi in our nursing home which I haven’t had any trouble with before. I am now having trouble with the internet. The Wifi symbol appears at the top but then in red in settings where it says the name of the Wifi it says “no Internet connection “.

my iPhone works fine off the wifi.

can anyone help please?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 12:57 PM

You're welcome and good luck. However, before you make a reservation at the Genius Bar, do try all the suggestions in this link first --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

10 replies

Apr 10, 2022 3:30 PM in response to Frecklesmyhorse

Frecklesmyhorse wrote:

I have a 9th generation new iPad which is Wifi only and I use the Wifi in our nursing home which I haven’t had any trouble with before. I am now having trouble with the internet. The Wifi symbol appears at the top but then in red in settings where it says the name of the Wifi it says “no Internet connection “.
my iPhone works fine off the wifi.
can anyone help please?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Start here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your network. The resolution is relatively simple; may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address from your WiFi Router. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

Apr 10, 2022 3:28 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Thank you. I didn’t mention I am in a nursing home and we don’t have an apple Stire Genius any where near. I have been onto Apple Support a number of times but I run out of time then when I ring next time I get someone different and start all over again.

I have tried all the link but didn’t help. Looks like back to Apple dSupport.

what country are you in? I’m in Australia.

sThank you again.

iPad says "no internet connection while connected to WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.