You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Touch ID

the Touch ID sensor of my MacBook Pro 2021 seems to be not functioning. Are there issues regarding this? I cannot enroll my fingerprint for Touch ID, it cannot sense my finger that has been placed on the sensor.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 4:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 7:55 AM

Doc4Real wrote:

the Touch ID sensor of my MacBook Pro 2021 seems to be not functioning. Are there issues regarding this? I cannot enroll my fingerprint for Touch ID, it cannot sense my finger that has been placed on the sensor.

Try a safeboot to sort anomalies—How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac

If no resolve—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 10, 2022 7:55 AM in response to Doc4Real

Doc4Real wrote:

Try a safeboot to sort anomalies—How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

If Touch ID isn't working on your Mac

If no resolve—

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

MacBook Pro Touch ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.