You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selling iPad. Cleaned it off but says it’s still connected to my Apple ID. Although, it doesn’t show up in my devices. How do I remove it when I can’t see it in devices?

I cleaned my device off using the reset in settings. I want to sell it but when buyer try’s to activate their Apple ID when setting it up they see a screen saying that previous owner used it in Find my iPhone to link it to their Apple ID. But I do not see that iPads serial number in my device list. I also do not see it in my iCloud account. How can I release it so buyer can use it?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 11:39 AM

5 replies

Selling iPad. Cleaned it off but says it’s still connected to my Apple ID. Although, it doesn’t show up in my devices. How do I remove it when I can’t see it in devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.