You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote not working.

My Apple TV remote died. I charged it with the charging cord for several hours… still nothing. It’s about a year old. I had not charged it at all as I basically forgot about it. Is there a battery I need to change? The model has the charging location but no circular opening on the back where I’d normally change a battery…

Thoughts?

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 3:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 6:16 PM

Verify that you charged correctly/as intended, from this support document:

Charge your Siri Remote - Apple Support

You may need to pair the remote again, if the battery was depleted. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

If it still doesn’t charge despite following the directions, then contact the Apple Support staff.

The old style remote has the replaceable battery. The new style remote has a fixed chargeable battery.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 11, 2022 6:16 PM in response to Noclearidea

Verify that you charged correctly/as intended, from this support document:

Charge your Siri Remote - Apple Support

You may need to pair the remote again, if the battery was depleted. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

If it still doesn’t charge despite following the directions, then contact the Apple Support staff.

The old style remote has the replaceable battery. The new style remote has a fixed chargeable battery.

Apple TV remote not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.