You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health

Hi ! I have a problem wirh my iphone 11 pro max, the health of phone was 98%, during a month it became 89% percent. What can I do?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 7:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 8:05 PM

Perhaps this article will help:

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

8 replies

Apr 11, 2022 8:15 PM in response to arsen37

How long have you had it? It's one of those odd things that the battery health isn't a "real time" reading. I've seen it drop in chunks where it seemed like it never changed for months at time and then 3-5% drop almost overnight. It seems to save up and then catches up. Not sure why, but if 89% is in line with how long you've had it and used the battery, there isn't really anything to be alarmed about. It won't actually lose 9% battery health in a month.

Apr 11, 2022 8:11 PM in response to arsen37

arsen37 Said:

"Battery health: Hi ! I have a problem wirh my iphone 11 pro max, the health of phone was 98%, during a month it became 89% percent. What can I do?"

-------

You're Fine. Wait until it gets to 80%. Apple recommends that you get a new battery when the Battery Health reaches 80%. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing why this occurred and when. But, all batteries are prone to failure.

Apr 11, 2022 10:38 PM in response to arsen37

arsen37 wrote:
I had the phone for 2 years, but the problem became month ago, or I paid attention to it. Last week it was 90% , yesterday became 89

It doesn't really sound like anything all that alarming. I get that it sounds odd for the number to drop that quickly, but it's pretty odd for it to stay at such a high value for so long. That's just kind of the way it works sometimes. But 89% after 2 years is better than Apple's rating if a linear decline in battery health is assumed with an average of 25 cycles a month.

There are also a lot of little variables that go into battery decline. But it's all packed into a one-size fits all longevity rating of 500 cycles to 80% battery health.

Battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.