You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off the pop up blocker on my MacBook Pro?

I have a Mac book pro. How do I turn off the pop up blocker

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 8:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 8:42 PM

"Pop Up Blocker: I have a Mac book pro. How do I turn off the pop up blocker"

-------

Turning Off a Pop Up Blocker:

A. What's the App? What popups are these? If it is Safari, then find out here: Allow or Block Pop-Ups in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

B. View the Help Menu:

Whatever the app, visit the Help menu, seeing what is mentioned in there.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 11, 2022 8:42 PM in response to Harrynashhow123

"Pop Up Blocker: I have a Mac book pro. How do I turn off the pop up blocker"

-------

Turning Off a Pop Up Blocker:

A. What's the App? What popups are these? If it is Safari, then find out here: Allow or Block Pop-Ups in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

B. View the Help Menu:

Whatever the app, visit the Help menu, seeing what is mentioned in there.

Apr 13, 2022 8:19 AM in response to Harrynashhow123

I find that for some sites, turning off pop-up blockers is not enough.

For example when using check-free to schedule payments through my bank's web site, I must also disable:

safari > Preferences > Privacy > [√] prevent cross-site tracking

Otherwise it won't load the check-free (or generic) payment pages, and yells at me about popup blockers. once cross site tracking is disabled, a simple re-attempt and the check-free payment page loads and operates just fine. No new bank login, no convoluted re-launching of Safari and no Restarting the computer is required in this case.

For me, I find it helpful to leave the safari preferences open, so that I get reminded to re-enable cross-site tracking when done.

How do I turn off the pop up blocker on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.