You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel Panic in macOS Monterey

Since I upgraded to macOS Monterey 12.3.1 every time the computer comes out of sleep shows a Kernel Panic. It's always different, I mean that the same error is not repeated.

Also when starting it fails and I usually have to try twice. This doesn't happen if it start in safe mode.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 2:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 9:19 AM

Looking at the 2 kernel panics, and that fact that one is a spin lock that is being held too long, and the other is a TLB failure (Translation Look-aside Buffer; the heart and soul of any computer's virtual memory), I suspect maybe your intel i7 chip is failing.

But try Safe mode, as suggested.

Seeing the EtreCheck report will not hurt, and give volunteers here more information.

You can try running the Mac hardware diagnosticsPress and hold Option-D at startup to use Apple Diagnostics over the internet.

• Boot while Pressing and holding Option-D at startup to use Apple Diagnostics over the internet.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2022 9:19 AM in response to dachan2

Looking at the 2 kernel panics, and that fact that one is a spin lock that is being held too long, and the other is a TLB failure (Translation Look-aside Buffer; the heart and soul of any computer's virtual memory), I suspect maybe your intel i7 chip is failing.

But try Safe mode, as suggested.

Seeing the EtreCheck report will not hurt, and give volunteers here more information.

You can try running the Mac hardware diagnosticsPress and hold Option-D at startup to use Apple Diagnostics over the internet.

• Boot while Pressing and holding Option-D at startup to use Apple Diagnostics over the internet.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apr 12, 2022 3:00 AM in response to dachan2

Starting in Safe Mode and the computer performs fine is usually an indication of some Third Party Software installed on this computer is the Root Cause of the issues.

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues

Kernel Panic in macOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.