You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book Removed from Library and from Store

Hello,

First time poster here and I've got a situation that concerns me a little. It looks like a book I bought from Apple Books was removed from the store and thus removed from my Library. I had to do a little searching to dig up the Apple receipt. But this isn't cool, I know that it is only a couple bucks lost but how is it that I buy a book and it's gone and I can't download it to read?

I attached the receipt. If you were to look up the book on the store, you'd see there are other versions for sale but just not this version with the same book cover. Obviously this worries me a bit that if books are taken off the service then you lose your access to read them even after you buy them.

I'm looking to see if this has ever been a problem for anyone else before and could I request a refund?

Thanks for the help.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 8:23 AM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2022 7:43 PM in response to bobbyreader

I bought One Day at A Time in Al Anon. I still have it on my iPad, but is no longer available in the store. I cannot add to my iPhone. It cost more than a few $. There are other Al Anon books available but not this one. This book is still frequently used in the program. I didn’t buy it too long ago. What’s the point in buying a book if you lose access to it? Most interested in getting my book back.

Book Removed from Library and from Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.