You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete a photo from my iPhone and can still have it on cloud?

I like to have all photos backed up on the cloud and want to delete them from my iPhone. I know I can choose to keep low-resolution files on the phone but I don't want to. I just want them deleted from the device. When i delete a photo, it is deleted from the cloud too. Is there a fix?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 3:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 5:06 PM

Nope, iCloud does not offer that. You can always copy photos to a laptop or desktop, or use Google Photos if you have an account (or Dropbox or some other cloud service with archival storage features) and then delete them from your device.

Hnestly, even if sync’ing photos with iCloud, I would never not still keep a true backup copy somewhere else (I have all my photos and video saved on my Mac Mini and backed up to three external drives).

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2022 5:06 PM in response to RuggiScalzi

Nope, iCloud does not offer that. You can always copy photos to a laptop or desktop, or use Google Photos if you have an account (or Dropbox or some other cloud service with archival storage features) and then delete them from your device.

Hnestly, even if sync’ing photos with iCloud, I would never not still keep a true backup copy somewhere else (I have all my photos and video saved on my Mac Mini and backed up to three external drives).

Can I delete a photo from my iPhone and can still have it on cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.