You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Activity "Stand" time is filled every morning after wearing the watch to sleep while this is obviously incorrect.

What can I do beyond the normal Calibration steps to get an accurate stand time on my apple watch. I have a 41mm aluminum series 7 watch however my "Stand" time in the activities ring is normally full or nearly full immediately after waking up from wearing the watch while I am sleeping. I am on the most recent IOS as well as Watch OS and have already followed the calibration steps shown in other questions.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 7:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 8:34 PM

Hey Erik_HD,

I understand that you are having issues with stand time accuracy on your Apple Watch. I can also confirm that I am having this issue while tracking sleep on Apple Watch Series 7.

Apple Watch uses advanced algorithms to confirm whether or not you are standing, sitting, or resting. And in some cases, it can incorrectly identify whether or not you are standing.

Apple is constantly updating these algorithms with frequent software updates. So Make sure your watch is up to date before proceeding with any other steps.

As I've been made aware, Apple Watch automatically calibrates when you do 20-minutes of an activity, such as going for a jog or taking a light walk. However, resetting your watch may still help.

Sincerely,

Triston

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2022 8:34 PM in response to Erik_HD

Hey Erik_HD,

I understand that you are having issues with stand time accuracy on your Apple Watch. I can also confirm that I am having this issue while tracking sleep on Apple Watch Series 7.

Apple Watch uses advanced algorithms to confirm whether or not you are standing, sitting, or resting. And in some cases, it can incorrectly identify whether or not you are standing.

Apple is constantly updating these algorithms with frequent software updates. So Make sure your watch is up to date before proceeding with any other steps.

As I've been made aware, Apple Watch automatically calibrates when you do 20-minutes of an activity, such as going for a jog or taking a light walk. However, resetting your watch may still help.

Sincerely,

Triston

Apr 12, 2022 8:23 PM in response to Erik_HD

Make sure that you're wearing your Apple Watch at a comfortable fit. If your watch is too loose, the accelerometer might register too much movement during your natural sleep. For more info, see:

Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support

If you pair your Apple Watch after setup, you can still turn on Track Sleep with Apple Watch later.

My Activity "Stand" time is filled every morning after wearing the watch to sleep while this is obviously incorrect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.