You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC OS Monterey won't let me save word documents

I upgraded to MAC OS Monterey 12.3, and now when I am trying to save documents in Word (365 for Mac), the Save As box does not appear, so I have no way of saving a document!

This happens with saving a new document and with existing ones I want to Save As something else...

I tried opening a new document and saving it from here, but still no box appears.

Even if I close the document, it will ask me if I want to save before closing. I click Save, and nothing happens.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 10:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 1:26 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Similar questions

4 replies

MAC OS Monterey won't let me save word documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.