You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air stuck installing OS?

I have a 2019 MacBook Air running Big Sur. I tried to install the most recent OS but it said there wasn’t enough room and so I deleted the download.

A couple of days later, I open my Mac and there’s a black screen, Apple logo and an uploading bar stuck at about one-third complete. Left it for a day. The same. Turned it off and on. Tried first aid in disk utility - all fine. Tried to reload Big Sur and not enough room. Turned off and on. Same screen.

help! I have an iMac with masses of memory - is there some way I can link the two to help my poor Macbook back to life? Or any other ideas very welcome.

Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 9:57 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 16, 2022 4:26 AM in response to paris girl

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

If successful time to to a major house keeping go the computer

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - The next two options are both involved

A - Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode

B - Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Visit a Genius at an Apple Store

MacBook Air stuck installing OS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.