You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro playback is choppy

After updating Final Cut Pro to the latest version, and while using my Mac Studio with M1 Ultra and 64GB of ram 4TB of storage.... My final cut playback is choppy all of a sudden. I was able to work on a few projects without any issue earlier in the month... but now with this new Final Cut Pro version... playback of my timeline is choppy. it is making it very hard to edit. even playing clips or audio is choppy. Apple, fix this ASAP.

Mac Studio, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 2:38 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 15, 2022 5:25 PM in response to Alex_607

Same here though I'm on a MacBook Air M1, 16 GB RAM. I had installed many Titles on each video clip and the text would flash several times per 5 second clip. Even worse, when I applied Ken Burns to a photo, the Ken Burns effect would also apply to the Title, which it never did before in the earlier versions and it shouldn't. Even changing the colour of the Title font required a more clicks that it did in earlier versions. I was so fed up, I deleted this update and reverted to my older version. Caution though: I can no longer access any of the updated libraries, as the earlier version does not recognise the format of the latest version. It's fine for me because I don't need to access them anymore, but this cold be a huge problem for someone else.

Final Cut Pro playback is choppy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.