You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone dims dramatically, with auto adjust off

My phone is not hot in the least. I just started using it. I noticed this new issue which just started a few days ago. Auto-adjust display brightness is off, yet my screen dims quite dramatically and brightens again and again within a minute. Ambiance is still on. Happens when playing the simplest of braindead games but only at a time when nightshift is also on. I am wondering if there is a newly introduced software issue or a virus?

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 8:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 10:23 PM

That's only supposed to happen when the temperature sensor registers that it's too hot, but not enough for a thermal shutdown.. I've mostly seen it on a particular hot day if my device has been in the sun, but it just has to be the sensors registering a high temperature.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2022 10:23 PM in response to BATSnape

That's only supposed to happen when the temperature sensor registers that it's too hot, but not enough for a thermal shutdown.. I've mostly seen it on a particular hot day if my device has been in the sun, but it just has to be the sensors registering a high temperature.

Iphone dims dramatically, with auto adjust off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.