You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which iPhone SE 2022 model will work in Israel?

Which version (model) of iPhone SE 2022 I must order for Israel?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 9:21 AM

10 replies

Apr 22, 2022 10:47 AM in response to iosif257

I would agree not to do it but if you do you need to buy the iPhone from an Apple Store or Apple Online Store, specify that you want an unlocked iPhone, and pay cash for it. Understand that if you need hardware service on that phone you will need to return to the US or send it to a friend or family member who can take it in with you. You will not have issues using it with a carrier in Israel.

Apr 22, 2022 12:06 PM in response to iosif257

iosif257 wrote:
I’m going to buy the iPhone in the USA and explore it in Israel. The problem is that each provider (AT&T, Verison,etc.) has its own group for LTE AND 5G.

In that case the version to get is the "SIM-free" version directly from Apple. The other versions may be carrier locked and I'm not sure what the procedure would be to get the lock removed depending on how it's purchased. The typical reason is that they're subsidized with a contract, and they don't unlock until the contract has been completed. The SIM-free versions are supposed to be as universal as possible.

Which iPhone SE 2022 model will work in Israel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.