You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music keeps crashing. I recently unsubscribed to Apple Music but I have many songs on my computer. In this OS I can no longer find a library.

Will the Music app not work on my Mac Pro laptop if I don't subscribe to Apple Music?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 1:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 2:44 PM

Try holding down option as you launch Music, wait until the prompt to choose or create a library, click Choose, then browse to and open your library, normally ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary. You can hold try holding down option+cmd when launching Music to open the library in safe mode which may repair certain internal errors. You do not need to subscribe to Apple Music.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 16, 2022 2:44 PM in response to dayrefrompensacola

Try holding down option as you launch Music, wait until the prompt to choose or create a library, click Choose, then browse to and open your library, normally ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibrary. You can hold try holding down option+cmd when launching Music to open the library in safe mode which may repair certain internal errors. You do not need to subscribe to Apple Music.

tt2

Music keeps crashing. I recently unsubscribed to Apple Music but I have many songs on my computer. In this OS I can no longer find a library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.