You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I put an audio book from audible in my ipod nano 4th generation after I download the .aax file to my mac?

How do I put an audio book from audible in my ipod nano 4th generation after I download the .aax file to my mac?

I tried going to Apple Music to File->Open then opened the aax file, but it doesn't on Apple Music or show up in the Recetnly added

iPod Nano (4th Gen)

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 11:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 11:54 PM

Audible have an app in the App Store. You can download the audiobook directly inside the app or sync it using Finder or iTunes:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad or iPod with your computer – Apple Support (AU)

4 replies

Apr 18, 2022 1:16 AM in response to picas

I'm trying to figure out how to put the .aax file into my iPod Nano. I tried going into Finder->File->Open while Finder is showing my iPod Nano, but nothing happens. I tried going to the folder the .aax file is and right-clicking on the file and click on Open With. If I can find Finder.app, I can select that to open the aax file with. There is nothing that says "import" for me to import the file into iPod nano.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.