You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do when my Macbookpro fails to "find" and connect with Canon printer TR8520

What can I do when my Macbookpro fails to "find" and connect with Canon printer TR8520

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 6:06 PM

3 replies

Apr 20, 2022 7:54 AM in response to 3529_160MiLL

This device is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint drivers which supersede the need for Canon drivers. If it is configured wireless/wired, it will be discovered by Apple's Bonjour service, but only if on the same subnet (ideally with a static DHCP address outside of your normal DHCP range) and without any USB cables connected.

Apr 20, 2022 7:40 AM in response to 3529_160MiLL

re: "finding"

Apple uses Bonjour/Discovery protocol to quickly and easily locate devices and services on your local network. but it requires a special setting in your network interface:

IPv6:

System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi|Ethernet > (advanced) >TCP/IP > IPv6

... to Link-local only

ON may cause routing activity that interferes with your networking.

OFF will make it hard to find printers and other services on your network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.