You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut for switching between windows (macOS Monterey)

Hello,

I received my new MacBook last week. On my Old Macbook I could switch between windows of the same App with COMMAND + <>.

Example: I have multiple windows open in firefox (Windows not Tabs). With the shortcut above I used to be able to switch between them. This does not longer work on my new MacBook. Is there a new Shortcut for this action? I tried different things but wasn't able to find anything.

This shortcut used to work for all different apps: All Browsers, Mail, Sticky Notes, ...

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 3:15 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Apr 20, 2022 2:20 AM in response to fabrice226

I have tested a bit more, and I think I have a pretty good idea of what is going on.

In summary, the shortcut works, provided that the active window does not have an editable text.

For example, as I am typing this, I try Command-` in the Portuguese or French keyboard, and it does not work. The effect is to type the accent character.

But if the window does not have an editable text, then it works.

I tested this with a large number of windows in Mail, and it kept working over received e-mail just fine; until it got to a window where I was composing a message. That is when I figured out what is happening.

Shortcut for switching between windows (macOS Monterey)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.