You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email problems

I’m trying to add my e-mail account to my iPhone 13 Max Pro. As soon as I enter my e-mail address and password it says everything is working. When I go back to check the account settings the e-mail address has changed to some random letters and numbers - for example outlook_E1DB4Bgahshsueb@outlook.com. Obviously I’m not receiving any emails and I’ve tried deleting the account and re entering it many times now. Any suggestions would be helpful.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 1:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 4:35 AM

Are you using Mail app or another/Outlook app?

Try configuring the email manually using the settings suggested by the email service provider.

For more info check the below related page. Issue seems to be with Outlook/Hotmail.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/outlook-com-email-account-appears-as-outlook-long-series-of-letters-and-numbers-outlook-com-in-outlook-for-windows-90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2022 4:35 AM in response to _TomExeter_

Are you using Mail app or another/Outlook app?

Try configuring the email manually using the settings suggested by the email service provider.

For more info check the below related page. Issue seems to be with Outlook/Hotmail.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/outlook-com-email-account-appears-as-outlook-long-series-of-letters-and-numbers-outlook-com-in-outlook-for-windows-90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd

Email problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.