You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my camera?

Where did my camera go? I can't find it using zoom, facetime and other apps. It was working yesterday.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 11:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 12:51 PM

..Nagalapadifam:

Perhaps if you explained the situation in more detail, additional troubleshooting may commence?

A few resets could help, you might need to reset the SMC (System Management Controller).

&/or NVRAM reset ~ re-start Mac with 4- keys-held, and let them go at an appropriate time.

(These for use with Intel-based Macs; not M1 Apple silicon.)

Among other ideas, where camera and FaceTime are an issue:

"Learn what to do if FaceTime isn't working, your built-in camera isn't working, or you can't sign in to FaceTime."

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2022 12:51 PM in response to Nagalapadifam

..Nagalapadifam:

Perhaps if you explained the situation in more detail, additional troubleshooting may commence?

A few resets could help, you might need to reset the SMC (System Management Controller).

&/or NVRAM reset ~ re-start Mac with 4- keys-held, and let them go at an appropriate time.

(These for use with Intel-based Macs; not M1 Apple silicon.)

Among other ideas, where camera and FaceTime are an issue:

"Learn what to do if FaceTime isn't working, your built-in camera isn't working, or you can't sign in to FaceTime."

Where is my camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.