You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 pro overheating

Hey I’ve got new iPhone 13 pro about a week now and what’s strange when I use camera or I watch some videos (example on socials) I can feel that mobile is overheated. Like I can feel it’s very hot especially close to the camera but in general in the back of my phone.

could you please advise if this is normal or should I just go and just exchange it when I still can…

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 12:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 1:18 PM

ClickiPhone too hot?

Click ▶︎ iPhone User Guide. 

5 replies

Apr 20, 2022 6:14 PM in response to magda298

The camera gets quite warm when left on for a long time. And videos use a lot of energy also. But the phone is not “overheating” unless it displays a message saying that it is too hot and it shuts down to cool off. That is the definition of “overheating”. If it isn’t doing that it is just running warm, as any type of electronic device will when it is using a lot of energy.

Apr 21, 2022 7:50 AM in response to magda298

If it’s too hot to touch that indicates a problem, but all energy use is less than 100% efficient, and the lost efficiency appears as heat (2nd law of thermodynamics). Several things on your phone use a lot of energy: the camera, the display (especially at maximum brightness), the graphics processor (videos and interactive games), Cellular phone calls and a 5G cellular network connection. Fast charging also generates a lot of heat; in fact, once the phone reaches 80% while fast charging it will stop for an hour or so to cool off, then resume at a much lower charge rate. So unless you see an “overheat” message relax and enjoy your phone.

iPhone 13 pro overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.