You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get past wifi connection page on macos reinstall

I can’t get past this page I have input the password and it seems to be connected but how do I navigate away to reinstall macOS? .

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 10:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 1:58 AM

This is the internet installation screen, if You cannot get past that it will become difficult to install this way. I see You trying to install big sur. What You can try instead is making a bootable usb drive with big sur. You can find how to do that here How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support (UK)

Finally, perhaps Unecessarily here can You download a copy of the big sur installer How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support (CA)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2022 1:58 AM in response to Lucymcc

This is the internet installation screen, if You cannot get past that it will become difficult to install this way. I see You trying to install big sur. What You can try instead is making a bootable usb drive with big sur. You can find how to do that here How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support (UK)

Finally, perhaps Unecessarily here can You download a copy of the big sur installer How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support (CA)

how do I get past wifi connection page on macos reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.