You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to retrieve lost text thread

I have somehow lost an entire text thread on my iphone SE. How can I retrieve it?

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 3:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 8:04 AM

bouncingthumb wrote:

Thank you, razmee209. I'm afraid it has to do with that particular thread being between my iphone and an Android phone. Unfortunately, I don't have backup with my carrier, only icloud. According to an apple support chat yesterday, icloud does not back up texts from Android!?

Are you sure you talked to Apple support? Text message is part of the icloud/itunes backup, unless you synced them to the cloud.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2022 8:04 AM in response to bouncingthumb

bouncingthumb wrote:

Thank you, razmee209. I'm afraid it has to do with that particular thread being between my iphone and an Android phone. Unfortunately, I don't have backup with my carrier, only icloud. According to an apple support chat yesterday, icloud does not back up texts from Android!?

Are you sure you talked to Apple support? Text message is part of the icloud/itunes backup, unless you synced them to the cloud.

how to retrieve lost text thread

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.