You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I start and use the Mac studio without a display connected only to my iPad?

sometimes I need to take my Mac studio with me to a hotel, but I don’t know if I can connect the tv. Can I use the studio only with an iOS device as a monitor? Such as an iPad or an iPhone?

Mac Studio

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 1:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 1:58 PM

No. To turn on the option to use the iPad as a display you need to be able to see the Mac’s main screen and navigate to the option. It won’t automatically use the connected iPad as a screen from start up.

Unless the TV is odd or restricted in some way to access the port on the back, you should be able to connect the Studio to a TV easily with an HDMI cable.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 21, 2022 1:58 PM in response to PeteHikers

No. To turn on the option to use the iPad as a display you need to be able to see the Mac’s main screen and navigate to the option. It won’t automatically use the connected iPad as a screen from start up.

Unless the TV is odd or restricted in some way to access the port on the back, you should be able to connect the Studio to a TV easily with an HDMI cable.

Can I start and use the Mac studio without a display connected only to my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.