You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro to Apple TV mirroring stuttering/choppy every four minutes or so.

I mirror GCN+ Bike Races from my MacBook Pro to my Apple TV so I can watch them during workouts on my indoor bike trainer. For the most part it works fine except every 4 minutes or so the playback on the ATV, video and audio, is very choppy. The MacBook Pro plays back normally without interruption..

This seems to happen every 4 minutes or so and only lasts for about 15 - 20 seconds. Playback then resumes normally. If I watch it for extended period, the audio and video are disrupted in this way every 4 minutes or so.

My MacBook Pro is a 16 inch 2021 with the Apple M1 Pro Chip with 16 GB of RAM. My ATV is a 2021 4K with 64GB of RAM. The MacBook Pro is connected on a 5 GHz channel, 802.11 ac.

macOS Monterey Version 12.3.1

tvOS 15.4.1

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 3:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2022 4:16 PM

Please try the following:

1. Unplug your modem from its power source for 2-3 minutes and Restart Modem.
  2. Unplug your router from its power source for 2-3 minutes and Restart router.
  3. Unplug Apple TV from Power for 2-3 minutes – re-plug in and retest. 
4 replies

MacBook Pro to Apple TV mirroring stuttering/choppy every four minutes or so.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.