You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted emails on my iphone and it deleted emails on my macbook air... how do I get them back?\

I deleted emails on my iPhone and it deleted all emails on my MacBook air. I did not want it to delete those same emails from my computer. How do I get them back?

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 1:24 PM

If you have syncing/iCloud enabled, then whatever you do on one device will also automatically happen on the other.

Do you still have them on the website of your online email provider? If so, just download them again. If not, they are gone unlessyou hav a backup. If you do not want to sync, disable it in iCloud settings. That way they will remain separate.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2022 1:24 PM in response to viviangubler

If you have syncing/iCloud enabled, then whatever you do on one device will also automatically happen on the other.

Do you still have them on the website of your online email provider? If so, just download them again. If not, they are gone unlessyou hav a backup. If you do not want to sync, disable it in iCloud settings. That way they will remain separate.

I deleted emails on my iphone and it deleted emails on my macbook air... how do I get them back?\

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.