You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens to Photos (storage > 5GB) when an iCloud Plus account is unpaid/downgraded

If my iCloud+ Photos storage exceeds 5GB, what happens to the photos and access to them if the iCloud+ bill is unpaid? (Due to an unexpected health event for example)

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 8:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2022 9:04 PM

"What happens to Photos (storage > 5GB) when an iCloud Plus account is unpaid/downgraded: If my iCloud+ Photos storage exceeds 5GB, what happens to the photos and access to them if the iCloud+ bill is unpaid? (Due to an unexpected health event for example)"

-------

They are deleted from iCloud. So, download them all. Either:

A. Get them Directly form iCloud: Use this Link: https://www.icloud.com/photos

or...

B. Download All of iCloud: Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2022 9:04 PM in response to stevesaigon

"What happens to Photos (storage > 5GB) when an iCloud Plus account is unpaid/downgraded: If my iCloud+ Photos storage exceeds 5GB, what happens to the photos and access to them if the iCloud+ bill is unpaid? (Due to an unexpected health event for example)"

-------

They are deleted from iCloud. So, download them all. Either:

A. Get them Directly form iCloud: Use this Link: https://www.icloud.com/photos

or...

B. Download All of iCloud: Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

What happens to Photos (storage > 5GB) when an iCloud Plus account is unpaid/downgraded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.